HOTEL MAJESTIC: "THE BEST MID-PRICED HOTEL IN ALGERIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Oran Hotel Tip by DAO

Oran Hotels: 5 reviews and 10 photos

by DAO

When I first arrived in Oran from train station at Oran, I couldn?t find my budget hotel nearby that was in the guidebook. 2 other nearby hotels were budget hotels that just did not appeal to me. Then I saw what looked like beautiful new, modern apartments in the middle of the street. Hotel Majestic it said. They still looked like apartments, but I couldn?t figure out why they didn?t have ugly air-conditioner units outside. When I stepped inside I found out why!

Hotel Majestic is a purpose built, designed and decorated modern hotel that looks beautiful, affords a wonderful nights sleep and is run by the best staff in Algeria. This place is a wonder. And it was an absolute oasis of serenity and rest in all my travels across Algeria. I am still so surprised I found them by happy accident. Please save this tip and make sure you stay here so you can benefit from my good luck.

The second you walk inside you start to see the beautiful art and décor created for your pleasure by the lady owner, Amel, whose name manes ?Hope? in Arabic. I hope you get to stay here too.

This hotel was designed by Amel and built by her and her husband in July 2011. It is also managed with Amel?s university friend ? also known named Amel.

I was welcomed like an old friend, shown a wonderful room and shown the views of the city from the 7th floor terrace. My room had a wonderful bed, remote control air-conditioning, TV, bath, shower, cold refrigerator, and a beautiful décor. It also was completely quiet and the best sleep I ever had in Algeria.

The real beauty of the Majestic is you get what you pay every hotel for, but rarely get ? a good night?s sleep!

The Majestic currently overlooks a building site of a road because they are building a tramway. That means you do not get any car and scooter noise at night ? forever ! Yes, they only build in the day and when the trams are in there will never be traffic like the rest if the city at night. So if your budget is a bit lower, but you need sleep, stay here!

Across the hotel are artistic touches by Amel from the rooms to corridors and even stairs.

Across Africa safety is optional or even ignored. Not here. They have a modern smoke detection and fire suppression systems, 24 hour security and modern electrics. It?s safer than safe.

The food is wonderful and I almost forgot my adventure soon after I arrived.

I had never been to Oran and Amel offered me a free walking tour of Oran and also to show me where to change money. I had the full orientation of Oran, a fantastic visit if the city, a good night?s sleep and made some wonderful friends.

Too many hotels still trade on the fears on tourists and are outside the city, are over $200 a night and try and keep you away from the city.

Hotel Majestic does it all at a fraction of the price and is a short walk from the train station and every attraction in the city ? except Fort Santa Cruz of course. Hotel Majestic can organise a car for you ? no problem.

I love this hotel and the staff. It was a wonderful accident I found them.

Thanks Amel and Amel !!!!!

Unique Qualities:

Phone: 041 33.31.16/FAX 041 33.60.70
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Apr 4, 2015

“???????ds ??o? u??q ???? p?no?s ? ???? ??s ? ?ou ??poq??os ?q o? p??u?? s????? ? '???? ?? ???”

Have you been to Oran?