VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Rheinfelder Bierhaus: "Also named "Bluetige Tumä"" Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Restaurant Tip by yumyum

Zürich Restaurants: 329 reviews and 593 photos

Our group in the restaurant

Our group in the restaurant
      my meal
    by yumyum

The Rheinfelder Bierhaus is a small restaurant on the main drag (Marktgasse) through the old town of Zurich. It has been around for decades and I think I've been there in 2010 for the first time with a friend.

This time I brought some VTers (HORSCHECK, maryimelda and Penelope4) here for some Swiss food. I've enjoyed my food both times and ate each time my favourite porc Cordon-bleu with tomato spaghetti.

The serving staff have been there for years and they pride themselves for the fast service, very reasonably priced and good food. I second this and look forward to my next visit.

The menu is in German and English. The specials in German only.

Update: My last visit was in January 2015

Favorite Dish: I opted for the Cordon-bleu which comes with either tomato spaghetti or French fries (your choice) at CHF 23.50 (October 2011). My 3 dl apple juice was CHF 3.90, half a liter Swiss draught beer cost CHF 6.20.

Address: Marktgasse 19
Phone: 044 251 29 91
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Local
Website: http://www.beffa-gastro.ch

• Updated Feb 7, 2015

Comments

yumyum

“bye bye VT”