VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Bargaining with tour operators and boat owners" Cayman Islands Favorite Tip by joiwatani

Cayman Islands General: 50 reviews and 42 photos

Favorite thing: Cayman Islands are very touristsy. Make sure to only deal with people with identifications with them showing the Cayman Islands Port Authority ID card.

When we got out from our boat, there were so many people coming to us. One girl showed us her Port Authority card and told us that there was a boat going to the Stingray Farm and it only cost us $40.00 per person. I bargained for $35.00 per person and until now, I am not sure if that was a cheap price or not. And, I didn't care to know because the experience was so great! We ended up spending more time with the boat owner diving, swimming, snorkelling, etc.

For my whole family, I paid $155.00. The girl told us to follow a guy that will lead us to our van. When we headed to our van, some travellers also followed us. The van led us to our rented boat which was docked in another port in Georgetown.

Fondest memory: We passed by the airport of Cayman Islands and passed by some residential houses. The island houses reminded me of Hawaii because they have similarities on its flora and fauna.

Every street we passed has a circular loop. You have to loop around the circle to get to the other side of the street.

• Written Sep 30, 2011

More General in Cayman Islands (1)

Comments

joiwatani

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Have you been to Cayman Islands?