"The Franklin Theatre - Movies, Concerts & More!" Top 5 Page for this destination Franklin Things to Do Tip by TravellerMel

Franklin Things to Do: 30 reviews and 62 photos

View of the Franklin Theatre from the balcony
by TravellerMel

A Franklin landmark since 1937, this beautiful theatre had closed it doors in 2007, due to the competition of megaplex theatres opening up in the nearby areas. Saved from demolition by the Heritage Foundation of Franklin and Williamson County, a non-profit group. After an $8 million restoration and three years of work, the newly refurbished theatre had it's grand re-opening on June 3, 2012 with much fanfare and ado. Area locals wax poetic about the regal old dame - my mother in law tells me she had her first kiss here!

Since the reopening, the Franklin Theatre has screened current and classic movies (for only $5!), hosted a variety of concerts, and housed several stage productions. I finally got to see the new interior when my husband, MIL, and I went to see the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. I loved the intimate venue - the frontmost seats are cabaret style, behind which are the traditional theatre seats, and a balcony. We sat in the front row of the balcony and it was wonderful - with ample legroom (or dance space, as the occasion allows!). Since then, we have seen a stage production of "My Fair Lady", the Desert Rose Band, Suzy Bogguss, and Kathy Mattea in concert, and several movies - I love this theatre!

Address: 419 Main Street, Franklin, TN 37064
Directions: On Main Street, just off the traffic circle
Phone: 615-538-2075
Website: http://www.franklintheatre.com/

• Updated May 27, 2014

TravellerMel Lives Here!

“Not all who wander are lost...”

Have you been to Franklin?