"Go the sandbar and feed the stingrays" Cayman Islands Things to Do Tip by joiwatani

Cayman Islands Things to Do: 113 reviews and 114 photos

My husband and me with a huge stingray

My husband and me with a huge stingray
    by joiwatani
      My daughter Sierra was afraid at first
    by joiwatani
      My daughter Rainier kissing a stingray
    by joiwatani
      We are both kissing a slimy stingray!
  • Go the sandbar and feed the stingrays - Cayman Islands

One of the best times we had (except when I got seasick) was feeding the stingrays. Our guide gave us some squids and the stingrays came to us. I guess the stingrays were already used to the tourists. They were very friendly. There were so many of them.

When the stingrays started swimming closer to us, our tourist guide told us that we can feed them, touch and kiss them. They were tamed at the same time wild. In the beginning, I was scared because of the fact that I know Steve, the crododile man, died from a stingray. However, after few minutes on the sandbar, I got used to seeing the stingrays swimming beside me.

My children loved the fact that we were able to swim with them and touch them. Feeding the stingray was also a great experience.

I held tight a squid and I extended my arm to the bottom of the stingray. The stingray just sunctioned it fast! I felt how it sunctioned the squid on my hand and the sensation of being sunctioned experience was very memorable. Also, we were allowed to kiss the stingrays. We extended both of our hands and lifted the stingray to give a gentle kiss!

Address: Grand Cayman
Directions: The stingray city is about 30-45 minutes from Georgetown.

• Written Sep 30, 2011

Comments

joiwatani

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Have you been to Cayman Islands?