VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Seasickness" Cayman Islands Favorite Tip by joiwatani

Cayman Islands General: 50 reviews and 42 photos

Favorite thing: Before you head to the ocean on a boat and you know that you have motion sickness, make sure to to take Dramamine pills an hour before. Otherwise, you won't enjoy your trip to the stingray farm or to your destination.

I forgot to take the dramamine pills and I was so miserable the whole time. The boat was rocking and swaying like I was in a hammock because we were at the barrier where the waves are strong. I was advised by the tour guide to go down to the water right away and it will take my motion sickness away. After few minutes, I was feeling better.

Also, as a general tip, make sure to bring an underwater camera. There are so many great things to see here that you want to capture.

Boat rentals are available and you can bargain. Most of the boats are owned by individuals and they manned the boats themselves. There are usually three people manning the boat.

Don't forget to pack your swimsuit, sun protection extra plastic bags for your wet clothes, towel, etc. The snorkelling gears are usually free when you rent a boat.

Fondest memory: Despite my motion sickness, I enjoyed feeding the stingrays and knowing that my family enjoyed the trip. My daughter enjoyed diving and swimming and my daughter Sierra enjoyed the conch that we found. We brought the two conch shells at home and they are now clean and sitting pretty in our living room.

• Updated Sep 30, 2011

Comments

joiwatani

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Have you been to Cayman Islands?