"Museum of Middle ages" Musée National du Moyen Âge (National Museum of Medieval Art) Tip by Turska

We usually like many things from middle ages, so we went here. I´m not sure why, but we both felt like this wasn´t what we expected. There were some intresting objects, but nothing very expressive I think. Some people were really excited on famous art textils, but we aren´t keen to them. It´s interesting how well thay are saved, but we rather see more normal peoples normal life things, and metal objects. (Actually I´m an art metal smith from my first education, so that might be the reason..)
The museum is o.k., and there are some nice things, and the building is nice, but if I would skip some museum from what we did see, it would be this. I´m sorry we choosed this over Museum d´Orsay, because we didn´t actually have time to visit it at all then. But next time then ;)
This was included in Paris Museum pass.

Address: Boulevard St-Michel
Directions: Where Boulevard Saint-Michel meets Boulevard Saint-Germain. Metro Cluny-Sorbonne (closer) or Saint-Michel (not far at all).
Phone: +33 1 53 73 78 00
Website: http://www.musee-moyenage.fr/

• Updated Sep 29, 2011

“Wrap your troubles in dreams!”

Have you been to Paris?