VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Museum of Middle ages" Musée National du Moyen Âge (National Museum of Medieval Art) Tip by Turska

We usually like many things from middle ages, so we went here. I´m not sure why, but we both felt like this wasn´t what we expected. There were some intresting objects, but nothing very expressive I think. Some people were really excited on famous art textils, but we aren´t keen to them. It´s interesting how well thay are saved, but we rather see more normal peoples normal life things, and metal objects. (Actually I´m an art metal smith from my first education, so that might be the reason..)
The museum is o.k., and there are some nice things, and the building is nice, but if I would skip some museum from what we did see, it would be this. I´m sorry we choosed this over Museum d´Orsay, because we didn´t actually have time to visit it at all then. But next time then ;)
This was included in Paris Museum pass.

Address: Boulevard St-Michel
Directions: Where Boulevard Saint-Michel meets Boulevard Saint-Germain. Metro Cluny-Sorbonne (closer) or Saint-Michel (not far at all).
Phone: +33 1 53 73 78 00
Website: http://www.musee-moyenage.fr/

• Updated Sep 29, 2011

Comments

Turska

“Wrap your troubles in dreams!”

Have you been to Paris?