"Lock your cars, go to the bathroom first" Grand Coulee Favorite Tip by joiwatani

Grand Coulee General: 4 reviews and 10 photos

Favorite thing: Before you head to your trek to the Lenore Caves, make sure to lock your car and put your items out of sight so not to tempt people. As the saying goes: "A footlocker locks, make an honest man honest".

So, we took our valuables like our cameras and put our purses in the trunk of our car. We made sure that we locked our car before we headed to climb the mountain.

Also, I made sure that all my girls used the bathroom. There is a bathroom at the foot of the mountain and I didn't have to worry about it later.

Fondest memory: I love the view of the Lenore Caves. Once you start your first step trekking up the mountain, remember what your reward later: a very spectacular view of the lake and the surrounding areas. Also, there are so many beautiful wildflowers there that you have never seen. There were also many dragonflies to see.

My family had a wonderful time together climbing the Lenore Caves. It was not even difficult as I thought in the beginning...

• Written Sep 29, 2011

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Have you been to Grand Coulee?