"On the trail - Sentiero Degli Dei" Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Favorite Tip by iandsmith

Italy General: 753 reviews and 735 photos

At times busy

At times busy
      The quail shooter
      Vineyard workers
      old building
      Precarious storehouse
    by iandsmith

Favorite thing: I wasn't in a hurry, a fairly unusual circumstance for me. The weather was as close to perfect as it was right to expect. My last journey to these parts it was hazy and windy. Today it was clear and sunny. My camera trigger finger was poised. In the end I could have gotten RSI.
After the first half hour it was the views to the sea below that transfixed my gaze, as you can no doubt ascertain from the opening pic.

Fondest memory: The were other people here though; walkers on my trail, others on the one above; a man with a gun and a friendly smile (pic 2); workers in a vinyard (pic 3) and an elderly couple of males who were arguing over something in a language I was unfamiliar with.
Soon after I was gobsmacked by the amazing places where buildings occured (pics 4 and 5). One wondered about Occupational Health and Safety standards but these were the stone edifices of the ages; who knows how many years they had provided aid for humans.

• Written Sep 29, 2011

Comments

iandsmith

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Have you been to Italy?