The Greenhurst Inn, Bethel VT: "The best brunch in Vermont!" Vermont Restaurant Tip by christyna50

Vermont Restaurants: 24 reviews and 18 photos

The Greenhurst is a wonderful place in so many ways. I have watched this large, beautiful home take many shapes over the years, and it really seems like the current management got it right!

The home is located on a beautiful plot of land, central in Bethel, but tucked away enough to feel secluded. It is perfectly kept, beautifully restored with the original fireplaces, wood floors, etc. I was shocked to see such beauty inside this home! We hope to find out during our next visit the detailed history of the house.

I want to really focus on the restaurant. What a great dining experience. I feel that these types of experiences are few and far between, as I live on a budget in VT, where food is good sometimes only if you can fork over the money. Bethel is not the food capital of anywhere, so I was not necessarily expecting a lot. I certainly was misled by preconceived notions.

This was one of those never-to-be-forgotten brunch experiences. We were standing at the door waiting for the place to open, and to our benefit, they let us in 5 mins early. We sat in a window seat and watched the leaves fall off the trees and enjoyed a cool breeze. I ordered the lobster benedict, and the two I was with ordered the hamburger (yes! have this for breakfast here!!). The food was amazing! An entire lobster on my plate, and homemade pickles came with the hamburger. These are the touches I love to see in VT, yet so rarely do see.

I will spare the details, as I can get long-winded. Stay and eat at the Greenhurst Inn. You will be delighted!

Favorite Dish: Lobster Benedict - A whole lobster for breakfast, who can resist!!!

Address: Hwy 107 Bethel, Vermont
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Look for the big white house with the gazebo in front right at the fork on Hwy 107 in Bethel.
Phone: 18005102553
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Breakfast

• Written Sep 28, 2011

Comments

christyna50

“Great fun and good deals!”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Vermont?