"Modern art at Pompidou" Le Centre Pompidou Tip by Turska

Le Centre Pompidou, Paris: 137 reviews and 245 photos

I did visit here also 20 years ago. I´m not sure if my memory is right, but I think the art has became even more modern in here! Some of the things seen here were little too strange for me, but some were very nice. i´ve studied arts at art and handgraft-school, and some of the things made me think about my teachers words: If you see very sipmle art, think is there a good idea behind it, or not.
I will add some phtos soon, about things i did like.
I was hoping to see some Andy Warhol-paintings, when my guidebook told there was those. But I did find only one. I guess the objects change all the time.

We find it hard to understand where to get in!! Finally we went t bookshop and found our way from there.

Notice that there are some art outside at the roof terrace. Nice statues I think. Next to Pompidou there are those funny fountains. for some reason, I missed them at my first visit.

We did have museum pass, so we got in very quick. We spent 2,5 hours in there. Maybe some people might need more time, but we didn´t stop to every piece, if it wasn´t "touching" us.
But if you are at least a little bit of interested in modern art, this is a must in Paris.

Some exhibitions are temporary, so I suggest you to check the website. Normal ticket doesn´t include temporary exhibitions. You can also buy tickets on line, check the web page.

Address: Place Beaubourg, 75004
Directions: Métro: Rambuteau ; RER: Châtelet-Les Halles
Phone: +33 1 44 78 12 33
Website: http://www.centrepompidou.fr/

• Written Sep 27, 2011

“Wrap your troubles in dreams!”

Have you been to Paris?