Lao Lane Xang 2: "Try the Poulet au Curry in Lait Coco" Lao Lane Xang Tip by ForestqueenNYC

Lao Lane Xang, Paris: 3 reviews and 7 photos

Poulet au curry avec lait coco
      Poulet au curry avec lait coco
      Nems and spring rolls
    by ForestqueenNYC

This is the latest of the three wonderful Thai restaurants on Rue d'Ivry in the 13th Arrondissement owned by the Siackhasone family. It is the more chic upscale version and the only one of the three that takes reservations. It is also larger with an upstairs dining room so I imagine that they can accommodate groups. The main room itself is done with a lot of class, the service was quite good, and, even though we arrived before the 7 pm dinner hour, they seated us immediately. Some restaurants will not do that. I believe we were the first ones there. Though they probably would have preferred otherwise, we sat at the table for a couple of hours. By the time we left there was a line, a good sign that it was time to go, but they did not pressure us nor did they bring the bill until we asked for it.

I ordered from the Thai menu and as usual I had the chicken curry in coconut milk with a side order of sticky rice and nems. Everything was delicious. I can't wait to go back.

Even though my French is understood by the French, it is almost never understood by people whose mother tongue is not French. Fortunately, you can order by the numbers. By the way, our waiter did not speak English. I am not sure if anyone else did either. Take your phrase book for eating out in restaurants.

Favorite Dish: Poulet au curry et lait coco avec le riz gluant.

Chicken curry in coconut milk with sticky rice.

5 stars because it is the best Thai restaurant I have been to in Paris.

Address: 102 rue d'Ivry, 75013, Paris
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Not far from Metro Tolbiac or Place d'Italie.

Phone: 01 58 89 00 00