"Another Budget place right at the nightlife area" Gardenya Pansiyon Tip by June.b

Gardenya Pansiyon, Bodrum: 9 reviews and 5 photos

twin room with balcony
      twin room with balcony
      aircon, tv on the wall
      toilet cum shower
      balcony view
      twin beds
    by June.b

Got tired of Istanbul I took a bus to Bodrum, no place reserved so I wandered around the marina and went inside a street to the shopping area. I saw the sign of Gardenya Pansiyon and feeling tired I immediately asked for a room, I was given a room at the ground level at first but I requested a room up the higher floor. It was on the third floor I think.

I paid TL70 with breakfast for a twin room on single occupancy, so there're 2 single beds, a bit tired draped in white clean linen, it was comfortable though, or maybe I was tired from the long bus trip from Istanbul. The narrow toilet cum shower is very basic and fittings are somewhat misfits - like the water at the faucet does not run directly on the basin but on the ledge of the basin.

There's a small TV on the wall with all-turkish channels, the room is sunny because of the large windows with clean double curtains and there was a balcony to hang your laundry to dry and overlooking the neighbor's courtyard and the mountains.

The guy at the reception is fine, and since I've stayed only for a night, I can't say if the staff are friendly or otherwise. I asked for the wifi password but it never worked. I'm not a very demanding guest I guess so it's ok.

Breakfast served on the terrace overlooking the sea is nothing exciting -- few slices of cucumber and half tomato, boiled egg, cheese, and some spreads and bread plus a hot cup of tea.

Location is on a small alley near the bar street and shopping, so when you go out of the alley it's loud music from the bars and restaurants. It's about 15 minutes walk to the bus terminal.

Nothing really fancy nor exciting about this place, but I can't fault it though. It's just your average pansiyon that caters to budget travelers. And if you want to stay right where the (night) action is and shopping and the sea, this is just fine.

Unique Qualities: Budget

Address: Carsi Mah 1017 Sok No 4, Bodrum, Turkey
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: +90 252 3132213-3132445
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://gardenyapansiyonbodrum.com

• Written Sep 26, 2011

“Traveling is the best education there is...and the most expensive one, and no graduation. (Quote me)”

Have you been to Bodrum?