"More packing!!!" Kilimanjaro National Park Packing List Tip by hayward68

Kilimanjaro National Park What to Pack: 20 reviews and 17 photos

Sorting the bags for the porters to carry
by hayward68

Luggage and bags: Plastic bags to wrap your clothes in inside your bag as if it rains and your bag gets wet, so do your clothes. I had plastic travel cubes which kept my clothes sorted and dry.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Leg gaiters to keep the dirt and rocks out of your hiking boots.
A balaclava to keep your face warm on your summit attempt.
A headlamp and extra batteries for it.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Diamox for altitude sickness, you can choose to take this or not. I decided to take it and started taking it the first morning of our trek.
Your guide should have a first aid kit but you might want to bring one of your own.
Headache pills to deal with headaches but watch in case in turns bad, altitude sickness is something you don't want to have.
Anti-Diarrhea meds because you just never know!

Photo Equipment: Bring along some lens wipes if you can because your camera can get rather dirty on the trek, also can get wet if it rains, we experienced a thunderstorm on the trail.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: I brought along my multi-tool, you never know when you'll need it. I cut my hair, sliced mangoes and gutted a fish while on my trip.

• Written Sep 26, 2011

More What to Pack in Kilimanjaro National Park (1)

Comments

hayward68

“I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away”

Have you been to Kilimanjaro National Park?