"Grimsby Fishing Heritage Center 11" Top 5 Page for this destination Grimsby Things to Do Tip by mehulraj

Grimsby Things to Do: 24 reviews and 84 photos

Cash Advances

Cash Advances
      The Settling Office.
      Ancient Electrical Fittings
      Ancient Boiler room
      My last Picture.
    by mehulraj

Cash Advance---This system still followed on ship till now.But its funny concept where nothing like "Advance".I mean before month starting they will give us some cash if needed and that also our balance should not go in negative at month end so what we basically get is our month's salary no more than that even we are there on ship for nxt month.Everyone want to safe gaurd their interest.so at the end what we get is what we have earned its our money only.

Second Picture is called "The Settling Office" where wages of people settled after coming from voyage its hard to believe that skipper of vessel made 62 pound for a week and sailors made just 6 pounds for week there is large gap even these sailor work hard onboard.Today also captain salary is 10 times more than that of sailors.its all same today.

Third picture--where we can see electrical fitting of those days.

and fourth picture is of boiler of old days.and fifth picture is my last picture and with that I have shared almost all of my picture and I put whatever the knowledge I had about fishing and shared my experience with you all I hope you have enjoyed the "Virtual Tour" of Grimsby Fishing Heritage Center.

Address: Grimsby Fishing Heritage Center

• Updated Sep 25, 2011

Comments

mehulraj

“One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things. ”

Have you been to Grimsby?