Hotel Villa Gaia: "Excellent choice for an amazing stay!!" Montecatini Hotel Tip by Roaminmn

Montecatini Hotels: 1 reviews and 0 photos

I love love love this place!! The owners (Alessandra and I can't remember her husbands name)are extremely nice, friendly, and helpful. They are genuinely great people and I hope they open for years so I can keep going back!!

This place is on top of the mountain (or hill) so it is Montecatini Alto rather than Montecatini Terme. This little village is peaceful, beautiful, and has several GREAT places to eat... not to mention amazing views.

It is a little of a challenge to get to find, and getting into the parking lot can be interesting, but it is all worth it! I have stayed here several times on vacation and business travel. The rooms are more simple but I believe that adds character to the experience. It is very clean and has AMAZING views... the church bells ringing during your breakfast overlooking the valley below is simply amazing! The facilities are in good repair and the breakfast is one of my favorite... I especially like cooking my own eggs and the cioccolato!

Unique Qualities: Here is what I like...

Amazingly friendly staff and owners
Great breakfast food
Qiuet gardens for reading and taking in the view
Good parking
Good rooms & bathrooms
Elevator if needed

Some not so good things
Hard to find
Getting into the parking lot is tricky and steep
Internet is available but kind of expensive
Closes up at night and it isn't easy to take a midnight stroll

Did I mention the amazing staff and incredible views????

Address: Montecatini Alto (on the hill overlooking Montecatini Terme)
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Carefull take a GPS up the hill, and when you get there it will be a bit tricky to find the parking lot... probably best to call and ask or maybe I will put up a highlighted map with the route to follow.
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: OR

• Written Sep 25, 2011

“Trust, but verify...”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Montecatini?