"Freshwater Railway Station without the crowds" Top 5 Page for this destination Kuranda Village Tip by tropicrd
Kuranda Village, Cairns: 16 reviews and 47 photos
You can visit the Freshwater Railway Station after the tourists have had their breakfast and the train departs for its journey to Kuranda through the World Heritage Rainforest and the ancient culture (Buda-dji) Murals are painted on the locomotives by aboriginal artist George Riley.He tells the story of Buda-dji the Carpet snake who carved out the Barron Gorge.
The scenic railway follows the path of Buda-dji.
Take your time and stroll around this beautiful station full of history and how they worked and survived the early days of the railway.
It must have been very hard for the women and children living in the camps at each tunnel.
You can find out how,why and when this happened at the station museum.
The station has a gift shop,restaurant and tropical gardens to enjoy.
It is free to enter the station , the museum and cottage.
The train carraiges and in the station is an ambient place to have breakfast.
Best time to visit if you are not travelling on the train is after 9.30am ---4pm.
Address: Freshwater Railway Station,Freshwater
Directions: Turn into Aeroglen Drive,North of Cairns on the Cook Highway. Follow through Stratford and the station is on the right hand side.
Phone: 07 4036 9333
More Reviews (84)
- See All Cairns newest Tropical & Romantic...
- See All Good coffee at the club
- See All Stop for fresh fruit and vegies.
- See All Don't get stuck in the mud.
- See All Drive on a dusty country road
- See All Working holidays in Cairns
- See All qconnect--new bus timetables
- Galleries have control of Indigenous...
- See All "Your shout mate"
- Pandamonium Live Bands
- See All Fishing list and tips for Families.
- See All Sport at Cazaly's,Cairns
tropicrd's Related Pages
Have you been to Cairns?Share Your Travels