"I do not recommend this resort to any of my friend" Los Abrigados Resort And Spa Tip by larryBoldt

Los Abrigados Resort And Spa, Sedona: 922 reviews and 0 photos

1. They made us wait around seven hours because they said they are cleaning our room and 5:00 PM is their check in policy.

2. The rooms smelled like strong chemicals.
3. Dead spiders behind the drawers.
4. No liquid hand soap.
5. Rude concierge.

Full summary:
We booked a room for two in Los Abrigados Resort and Spa on Travelocity.com because we thought $170 for two nights was a good deal for a resort. We were pretty excited; we started driving from Tucson at seven AM in the morning. We arrived at our destination around ten AM. They told us we cannot check in because their policy is not to allow customers in before five PM (something Travelocity never told us). I asked them if we could check in early since I did not get any sleep the night before and I was extremely tired; they said they are cleaning the room and it will take a long time to clean the rooms so we end up going to a restaurant and after that we decided to waste some time at the nearest public library. We finally checked in at five PM. The resort was alright but we had a hard time finding our building because the numbers? of most of the buildings were hidden. The room was clean and pretty big but it smelled like very strong chemicals; I saw dead spiders behind the drawers. The sofa, beds and the drawers looked old like 1970s decor. I found no liquid hand soaps so I called at the front desk and they laughed and told me to use the dishwashing detergents. The room safe did not work with the card/key. The last day I called the front desk and ask them if there are attractions or things to do in Sedona at night, they transferred me to the concierge. The lady at the concierge rudely said no and hangs up the phone. I will never go to this resort again.

Los Abrigados Resort and Spa
160 Portal Lane
Sedona, AZ 86336

Unique Qualities: Pros:
Fitness center
Salt water pool
Jacuzzi near pool

Tips: We arrived at our destination around ten AM. They told us we cannot check in because their policy is not to allow customers in before five PM (something Travelocity never told us).

Address: 160 Portal Lane, Sedona, Arizona, 86336, United States
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +1 928-203-5302
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://losabrigados.com

• Written Sep 23, 2011

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.