"Where the locals swim." Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Things to Do Tip by tropicrd
Cairns Things to Do: 365 reviews and 827 photos
Glenoma Park is a great place where the Cairns locals go for a swim in Freshwater creek or to have a wood fire bbq (wood supplied) but you will need to bring your own newspaper or starter kit. The creek is cold and has slow mini rapids that are safe for children as long as they are watched by adults.It is fast flowing and very dangerous in the wet season or after a heavy rainfall--they then become rapids and flood the area.There are lots of picnic tables and the bbq's are pretty rustic,there is also an under cover picnic shelter.Lots of shady trees along the creek with sloping tracks to the many natural swimming pools amid the rainforest.
The park has paved flat walkways and suitable for wheelchairs and prams,but the creek itself has no disabilty access.There are public toilets and a parking area.Please make sure you take insect repellant and drinking water.
Best thing this is free and a great way to cool off.
Be aware that the left side of the park borders onto the Cool Caravan Park and they have cabins facing the creek.
Address: Glenoma Park,Brinsmead.
Directions: Go north from Cairns along Sheridan Street, into Anderson Street, turn right into Reservoir road,follow until you see the Cool Waters caravan park .Go over the traffic lights and it is the next turn off into the park.
othercontact: Cairns Recreational parks.
More Reviews (84)
- See All Cairns newest Tropical & Romantic...
- See All Good coffee at the club
- See All Stop for fresh fruit and vegies.
- See All Don't get stuck in the mud.
- See All Drive on a dusty country road
- See All Working holidays in Cairns
- See All qconnect--new bus timetables
- Galleries have control of Indigenous...
- See All "Your shout mate"
- Pandamonium Live Bands
- See All Fishing list and tips for Families.
- See All Sport at Cazaly's,Cairns
tropicrd's Related Pages
Have you been to Cairns?Share Your Travels