"Sigala, a safe and fun diving experience in Eilat" Diving Tip by Martin_S.

Diving, Eilat: 10 reviews and 22 photos

Martin underwater in Eilat, Israel

Martin underwater in Eilat, Israel
      Corals in Eilat, Israel
      Underwater arch, Eilat, Israel
      Martin gearing up for dive, Eilat, Israel
      Sigala diving school card, Eilat, Israel
    by Martin_S.

I owe thanks to Sharon (SharonR), a good friend who gave me the gift of a dive for my 60th birthday. This was so much fun and I enjoyed it immensely.
Took Tal's boyfriend Itzik along so I would have a friend to share the experience with later.
The Sigala Diving School is just a one room affair in the back of a building that looks like a shack just across from the Almog Beach in Eilat...no sign, no fanfare, just a small group of divers who want to share the experience of being in the new underwater world with you. Just ask around and you will get directed there. Dekel was both my instructor and later dive guide. He told me that many people feel uncomfortable underwater the first time. Well I guess I did not since I had a great time and he let me weave in and out of the small coral reefs that line the beach in Eilat almost without interference. Just sometimes directing me to special spots or to look in a certain direction to catch some of the denizens of the deep in action.
If you have the time, I would suggest this to anyone, it only takes about 1.5-2 hours, which includes preparing your equipment, suiting you up, the instruction, entering the water, EXPERIENCING THE DIVE, and then stripping down and showering before getting your underwater photos taken by the dive guides. DO IT, you will not regret this experience.
If you do this, ask for Dekel and tell him the grandfather whale sent you !!! Or better yet, show him the photo. I will post more in the travelogues.
The following link lists other diving facilities in Eilat:
A full PADI diving course for a single star takes about 5 days or you can go for the two stars and it will take an added 3 days I believe Dekel told me.

Address: Almog Beach, Eilat
othercontact: info@sigala.co.il
Phone: 054-3030857
Website: http://www.sigala.co.il

• Updated Sep 23, 2011

Comments

Martin_S.

“Good friends, food, wine and a good place to enjoy them all.”

Have you been to Eilat?