VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Dev Restaurant: "Best Indian Restaurant... EVER!" Dev Restaurant Tip by Maymuna

Dev Restaurant, Montreal: 1 reviews and 0 photos

I loooooove this place!!!

It's not downtown, so as a tourist you won't just walk past there, but I lived on Victoria Ave. for a few months and sometimes I would go to Dev's three times a week. There's a laundromat across the street, so sometimes I would just eat at Dev's while waiting for my laundry to finish.

I always got the same thing, so when I walked in they would already start yelling my order in the direction of the kitchen. ;)

You have to get the pakoras and the mango lassi, DELICIOUS! The shahi paneer is amazing. I used to go here with my Punjabi ex-bf all the time. This is not watered down Indian food catering towards white people, this is authentic, cheap, and the servings are huge.

One thing though: I haven't been to Montreal in years, so it's possible that this place isn't as good as it used to be. In which case it would break my heart.

Address: 5987 Victoria
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: NDG
Phone: +1 514-733-5353
Rating: 5
Theme: Indian
Website: http://devrestaurant.com/

• Written Sep 23, 2011

Comments

Maymuna Used To Live Here!

Have you been to Montreal?