The Ashmont Grill: "Great food and atmosphere" Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Restaurant Tip by garridogal

Boston Restaurants: 698 reviews and 736 photos

Da grill
by garridogal

After hearing about how great this place is, for years by one of my friends, she treated me to dinner there for my birthday. I now know why she's raved about it. It's the perfect combinaton of great decor, atmosphere, and food. From the moment you walk in, you can smell the yummy grilled goodies which is just the thing to prepare you for a great meal.

Favorite Dish: We split a calamari dish that was almost like a seviche. However, the veggies were cut into much larger pieces and, of coure, the calamari was cooked.

I had the Grilled Marinated Chicken Paillard which came with spring vegetable, frisee salad, pickled ramps, and crispy tortillas. It was delicious. My friend had a crusted and grilled tuna from the specials menu. She raved about it.

For dessert we shared a piece of the famous carrot cake. If you taste it, you'll know why it's famous!

Address: 555 Talbot Ave. Dorchester
Comparison: about average
Directions: Located in Peabody Square at the intersection of Dorchester Ave, Ashmont Street and Talbot Ave. just north of the Ashmont T stop. And, across from a fabulous floating head sculpture.
Phone: 617.825.4300
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Other
Website: http://ashmontgrill.com/

• Written Sep 22, 2011

Comments

garridogal Lives Here!

garridogal

“Tourists don't know where they've been. Travelers don't know where they're going. - Paul Theroux”

Have you been to Boston?