"Five Fun Fiji Facts" Fiji Local Custom Tip by etfromnc
Fiji Local Customs: 74 reviews and 106 photos
1. There is an unwritten rule that no building should be taller than a coconut tree, so you will not find any skyscrapers on Fiji.
2. Tipping is not required, nor even expected, in Fiji.
3. Kava is the national drink of Fiji and a pill form of it is marketed widely in Europe as a "stress buster pill."
4. The traditional firewalking ceremony, involving men walking over red-hot stones, can only be performed by male members of the Sawau tribe from the island of Beqa.
5. The lively Meke Dance is the traditional dance of Fiji and each Meke tells a distinct story.
etfromnc's Related Pages
Have you been to Fiji?Share Your Travels