"streams and rain" Rize Favorite Tip by stream&rain

by stream&rain

• - Rize
      Cinciva Kahve (coffe&tea and also restaurant),
    by stream&rain

Favorite thing: We all travel around the world. So many travels to meet different cultures. Rize is one of the alternative who really loves natura.

Ayder is beautiful area where so many hotels and more priced nowadays due to more visitors.

But for me it s only a daily tour to go Ayder and means . For me more important is to reach deepness of Rize.

As u know red spotted trouts. We do have so many streams and some of them have red spotted trouts too. They are very rare so actually they are forbidden to fish them. But when you visit Rize, you ll able to see where they cook red spotted fish. They are farmed ones. The only place i had delicious red spotted as lunch on the way to Zilkale (castle) . They are also farmed ones too but mostly they use natural feedings. place called "Cinciva Kahve" .Prices are also not expensive. (around 7-8 usd per person including salad and soft drinks)

Sometimes i go next to stream near my village house and i become silent and not also show my shadow to water and wait to see one red spotted trout while they are playing .. This is something makes me feel very happy.This summer we feed jackals, they are wild so we watch them from the car during night while they are eating. It was fun.

My favorite at the area is rain forests. But on the other hand, people who are actually living in the area is trying to cut tries to plant tea or other products like kiwi. I wish forests will be forever and i believe forestry area are not belongs to us. The real owners; bears, deers, wild bees, wild pigs , hawks, blackbirds, jackals . When i feel that they are still somewhere around there makes me really happy.

Rize used to be very poor area and people like my father went to big cities and abroad. So many people also involved sea business too. Nowadays ; winter population is very low and most people goes there summer time but not to work anymore, actually to relax , to escape from metropols.

Roads are very good also last 5 years. We do not have airport there and we use Trabzon Airport which is most only an hour away from us. I do remember while i go my village , we used to park our 1964 chevrolet (inever forget that car...D) in the town center and walked about 45 minutes in the jungle type paths. Now car can go everywhere nearly.

For example u are bored and have 4X4 car too. call 2-3 friends , buy some meats and drinks and go to plateaus.. We have tens of plateaus in Rize and like Ayder i mentioned above is only one of them.

Maybe better to also explain the rain a bit. What we learnt from our elderly people; August is the month which is the humiditiest one and due to that all families used to move to Plateaus.. . In Rize, Every Plateau has their carnaval days. (i mean kind of fest). local music, dancing et.c. Sometimes 30-40 thousand people comes together. Nice to catch fun there.

It does rain in Rize.. As i learnt a word says "it s raining cat and dogs" i can say it s raining elephants and giraffes. Due to that we sometimes getting very sad news about floods.

Food also, u ll love them.. I never have difficulty even i had so many allergies. Just i have to add here Rize is also one of the biggest tea city in the world. I think around %10 of tea of the world from this region. If you go there between late May and August , u can also visit tea factories too.. Just to remind those are not needed special arrangement. Just u can ask them too.. ( free of charge) At the end u may also be gifted a pack of tea of their products.

I m sure u noticed that i have not written any touristic areas, and activities like rafting, walking, climbing et.c. Because u can find them at internet easily. If u can not i try to find them for u if i have time.

Whereever i go, for me was the most important issue HUMAN RELATIONS. I like meeting new cultures, talking with locals, being guest at their house, having cup of tea. Rize people can give you this from their hearts.

Unfortunatelly, i do not have any friends from tourism business in that area but i do have good friends and relatives. So please ask if u need any help or more info..

So many videos can be found at internet about Rize..

That s all from me now...

All the best

Fondest memory: I remember one day we left our village to Handuzu Plateau and instead of stopping we said lets keep going and reached callingrocks Plateau. Here u can scream with all your power and wait to come back. We were like mad people...And it was raining too...D At total 7-8 hours driving we reached to Trabzon site of Rize..it was like big circle for for us. Late in the evening we arrived to home while mayor and his team has started to search for us at plateaus...

• Updated Dec 17, 2015

Comments

stream&rain

“following rain drops.....”