"Isinliví" Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Things to Do Tip by MalenaN

Isinliví, Ecuador

Isinliví, Ecuador
      The church in Isinliví, Ecuador
    by MalenaN

Isinliví is a small quiet village situated in the Andes at an altitude of 2900 metres. The village is surrounded by green mountains and farmland, and it is a very nice area to hike in. Many people who hike around the Quilotoa Loop only visit Chugchilan and Quilotoa, but I think Isinliví should be included too. It is greener around Isinliví.
Most tourists coming to Isinliví only stay a night on their way to or from Chugchilán. I did not want to be in a rush and thought it could be nice to stay in this small tranquil village for two nights and do some hiking nearby one day. I had not planed to visit the festival in Sigchos, but I?m glad I did. I still had some time for hiking when I came back.
Isinliví is situated southeast of Sigchos, about 45 minutes away by bus. From Latacunga it takes about two hours to Isinliví by bus.

I stayed two nights in Isinliví in 2011 and one night in 2012. I hadn?t planned to come back in 2012, but because I broke my wrist while traveling in Ecuador 2012, there was things I had planned to do which I couldn?t do (like climbing Chimborazo). At least I could hike and as I knew the area was beautiful, I knew the way between the villages, accommodation is cheap and I didn?t have to carry too much packing I thought it was a good idea to come back and do some hiking.

Directions: Provincia del Cotopaxi

• Updated Nov 1, 2012

Comments

Have you been to Ecuador?