"Paris museum pass" Walking Tip by Turska

Walking, Paris: 261 reviews and 509 photos

I you enjoy walking like us, and rather not use public transport, the Paris museum pass is much better than Paris pass. I´m not sure is Paris pass worth the money even if you would use the public transport. The price is so much higher tha in Paris museum pass!

I´m not sure did we save only 4 to 5 euros each by using this to get inside of museums, but what matters more is how easy it was to get in. No need to stay on the line, allmost allways on every place we could walk straight in. In Versailles I noticed (we didn´t have the pass anymore) that you needed to stay in line even with the pass. Of course you wouldn´t need to go to ticket office first but we did avoid that also by buying the tickets two days before from Paris tourist office.

The pass didn´t include all the museums we were interested in, and it did include many we weren´t intrested. So you might want to check how many days pass you need, so you don´t need to run from place to place. We would have liked to have one for 3 days, but the choices where 2, 4 or 6 days. so we took 4 days, even if 3 would have been enough. We didn´t use it for Versailles, because we wanted to go there at same day when the fountains are turned on (at saturday). The pass vasen´t valid then.
And we maybe saw some places we might have passed without the pass. That´s not a bad thing either.

Website: http://www.parismuseumpass.com/

• Written Sep 21, 2011

Comments

Turska

“Wrap your troubles in dreams!”

Have you been to Paris?