VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"The Worst Hotel Ever !" Esplanade Hotel Tip by Tony_The_Landlord

Esplanade Hotel, Clacton-on-Sea: 226 reviews and 0 photos

I stayed at the Esplanade Hotel, Clacton this month (September 2011) for several nights and sincerely wished I hadn't. It is the worst managed hotel I have ever been to in my life, and I am in my 50s so I've seen quite a few ! What a pretty photo on the internet of the well maintained facade / front of the hotel, but what a dreadful hotel to stay at !
Too many issues to begin to list here. Allegedly a two-star hotel, but that's two stars too many from my experience. I rank it as zero. I wouldn't stay there again if they paid me. The bugs, I assume, stay there for free though. Miserable, depressing people. If you are still reading my review at this point then you have got the drift of what I am trying to convey.......... don't go there !

Unique Qualities: Good location, everything else terrible !

Address: 27-29 Marine Parade East, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, CO15 1UU, United Kingdom
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Sea front.
Phone:
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.esplanadehoteluk.com/

• Written Sep 20, 2011

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Clacton-on-Sea?