Cairns Night Market: "- cheap and cheerful dining" Cairns Night Market Tip by sirgaw

Cairns Night Market, Cairns: 5 reviews and 6 photos

Looking for a cheap and cheerful meal? The Cairns Night Market is THE place to head to for a variety of foods at very reasonable prices. There are 11 different individually owned businesses that are all competing for your money. I choose the Chinese and Seafood self service café and I had the X-large plate for $14.50. I then spent 10 minutes very carefully constructing a pyramid of tasty hot food and managed to sneak in a few of the cold options too. Perhaps I suffered from the ?my-eyes-were-bigger-than-my-tummy? as I had trouble eating all I had chosen ? self inflicted wounds.

I also received a 10% off discount coupon for the next door New Zealand Natural Icecream franchise. So for less than $20 I had a great meal while sitting in the noisy and reasonably clean food court dining area.

After our meal we explored the almost 100 stalls, where plenty of Australian souvenirs, gifts, clothing and much more were available. There was also a wide range of Asian massages.

The Night Market is situated along the very popular The Esplanade and across the road from The Lagoon, which is a man made and safe from crocs and stingers swimming area.

The 4th photo shows a glass artisan creating a work of art for sale - lots more great gift stalls as well.

Address: 71-75 The Esplanade, CAIRNS, QLD. 4870
Price Comparison: least expensive
othercontact: Fax: (07) 4051 7094
Phone: (07) 4051 7666
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4

• Written Sep 20, 2011

More Restaurants in Cairns (1)

“"How can I have a favourite place when I haven't seen them all?"”

Have you been to Cairns?