"A Disappointment" Great Eastern Hotel Tip by domiclebliss

Great Eastern Hotel, Quezon City: 114 reviews and 0 photos

In my experience of stay here in this Hotel, I'll say that I won't be coming back here. Hotel should be a place for the guests to relax after a busy day of work, but in our case its not. To what we paid for, its not worth the price. Ive been to different Hotels that's why i can say that. We Reserved a Junior Suite Twin, which is based on their leaflet is 2nd to the most expensive rooms. So we expected that it would be much much better room compare to lower ones. However it's not, like there's a hole in the bathroom ceiling and crack in the wall below the aircon, and worst part is, there's no water-pressure. We ask assistance in the front desk around 3pm, and it took time before a personnel went there and seems he doesnt know anything about it, He said he will report it in Engineering Dept. but we haven't heard anything after that, so we have to call back to the Receptionist and came to a point that we have to talk to the Manager, and you know what, they said the Manager is not there, not even supervisor, huh? that's absurd. But then after that, "a person incharge of that shift" went to our room talked to us and look at the bathroom and said they may just transfer us to another room. She told us to wait after 15 mins. So 15 mins. past by still no call. So i have to call back again, thats the only time she said thats there's problem with water pressure in that level. Then they should have not let us checked-in that room. And it took another time before they moved us in a different room. The inexpensive one look a bit better than the expensive one, hmmm. I guess they have to check they're room rates if the room deserves its price. So all in all, we haven't relaxed at all. It caused us too much inconvenience. Imagine we complained around 3pm and the actions where finally taken after3 1/2-4 hours, that slow and poor service. The Next day we have to cancel our meeting because it took us almost 1 hr and 15 mins just to check-out because of the inconvenience they cost us. So all in all its really a DISAPPOINTMENT. i can rate this Hotel 2.1 out of 10. It needs a lot of improvement. Facility, service and even their personnel. To my friends, think twice if you would really want to check-in here.

Unique Qualities: I can say that the Gulliver's of San Francisco Restaurant, 8th Floor of Great Eastern offers a very good Prime Ribs of Beef, me & my Boss enjoyed it and you can see it on his face. Its worth the price. The place is very nice and cozy and a very romantic place. Its a very enjoying and fulfilling dinner. We will be going back in this restaurant. Ill rate this restaurant 9 out of 10.

Address: 1403 Quezon Avenue, Quezon City, Philippines
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Along EDSA, after BP Mata and Company Inc., There's a right turn lane, turn right there (you are now at Quezon Ave.). Along that Road you can see the name of their Hotel at the Roof. In front of it is a building named CROSSING.
Phone: 63 2 3718282
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.greateasternhotelmanila.com/

• Written Sep 19, 2011

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Quezon City?