"Hotel Wilder Mann" Wilder Mann Tip by german_eagle

my room
      bathroom
      breakfast room
    by german_eagle

I stayed three nights in this 4star hotel in Sept 2011. I picked an 2-nights arrangement that included the visit of the museum "Manufaktur der Träume". This arrangement included a ticket for this museum that is not timed - I'll use it on a later trip to Annaberg. Furthermore the arrangement included breakfast buffet, a plat du jour plus a glass of beer or juice one evening in their restaurant Kartoffelkeller and a three-course dinner the other night in their upscale restaurant Silberbaum plus free use of the sauna. The best feature of the arrangement is that they don't ask a surcharge if you request a single room instead of two people staying in one double room, which is very unusual in Germany.

As I wanted to stay three nights I emailed them requesting I'd like to stay another night without paying surcharge for single occupancy of the room and got a very nice email back some minutes later confirming this is possible. All in all I paid 155.50 Euro for the three nights (the additional night was 39.50 Euro).

The hotel building looks back on hundreds of years of tradition and it shows, especially in the public areas (see my off the beaten path tip). Reception area, lobby bar, restaurants are cosy with beautiful architecture. The rooms are more modern but also beautiful. I was VERY surprised I got a kind of suite with a first, smaller room with sofa, table, mini-bar, flat-screen TV and another, larger room with two single beds, writing desk/chair, telephone, chest of drawers. The bathroom was large with a tub. There was also a bathrobe, slippers upon request at the reception. View was to the courtyard, thus the room was quiet (thick walls also).

Unique Qualities: Everything was spotless clean. The friendliness, helpfulness and competence of the staff was amazing. Location was perfect - right in the middle of everything on the Market square. Bus stop in front of the door - the train station is 10 minutes down a steep hill and the buses are not ideally timed with the trains (especially on weekends) which is the only complaint I have.

I'll definitely stay there again.

Address: Markt 13, 09456 Annaberg-Buchholz
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: right on the Market square
Phone: 03733 / 1440
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hotel-wildermann.de

• Updated Sep 19, 2011

Comments

Have you been to Annaberg-Buchholz?