"Nice Accomodations But Far From Main Key West" Sheraton Suites Key West Tip by TooTallFinn24

Sheraton Suites Key West, Key West: 2,113 reviews and 5 photos

Front Lobby off of the Street
      Front Lobby off of the Street
      View Across Roosevelt Street
    by TooTallFinn24

This resort type hotel is across the street from the beach but well removed from downtown Key West. A very few of the rooms face the ocean. After reading the mixed reviews of this hotel I was somewhat hesitant to book a free room using my Starwood points. However what a nice surprise. I arrived early at noon, thinking that it would be less than 50/50 to have a room ready. To my surprise they not only accommodated me but gave me a nice room on the second floor with a good view of a courtyard. Had I arrived later they said as a preferred member I would have received a partial or full ocean view. The room was huge with nice furniture and linens. With regard to the lady who thought the place had fleas I would be stunned if it did. The room was spotless The bathroom was so large , with two separate entrances that we took several pictures of it. All of the front reservations staff were very nice. Unfortunately we could not get the attention of the concierge who was always on the phone while a line formed around her. She appeared to be talking to friends ): The free shuttle to downtown with a polite driver was also a plus. We never found the shuttle to be a problem going or being picked up like some of the reviewers have suggested. Sleeping was a dream and the room was very quiet. The full kitchen was also a nice plus and the extra Starbucks coffee. The bar area is nice but the food is overpriced based on what you get. Overall a very relaxing and nice play to stay if you can put up with the very busy lobby.

Unique Qualities: Huge rooms!

Address: 2001 South Roosevelt Boulevard, Florida, 33040, United States
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Just use your GPS, South Roosevelt is easy to find coming into Key West from Miami.
Phone: +1 305-292-9800
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://

• Updated Oct 22, 2011

“Travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer.”

Have you been to Key West?