VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Not a Category 5 Hotel!" Leonardo da Vinci Rome Airport Hotel Tip by CathP1

Leonardo da Vinci Rome Airport Hotel, Rome: 558 reviews and 0 photos

The Marriott website stated it was a Category 5 hotel. The room we received was not from a category 5 hotel, I do not believe it would even be a category 2 hotel. The front desk was woefully understaffed, due to the long line in took almost 30 minutes to checkout. The elevators were slow and rickety, and the non-smoking floor smelled like smoke. The hallway ceiling was stained and brown and the hall and lobby walls were filthy.

Our room wasn't any better. I have never stayed in a more disgusting room. The ceiling was stained and the walls actually had large patches of paint peeling off them. We asked to be moved to a different room. Our new room still had large brown stains on the ceiling, dirty walls, mold in the bathroom and the trim was falling off the walls. I have never seen anything like it. I am not sure if all the room are as bad as the ones we were given but I would not roll the dice to find out,

I have been a loyal Marriott customer for years but I am quite disappointed in our stay at the Marriott Courtyard Rome Airport Hotel. I have always trusted Marriott to keep certain standards and I believe this hotel falls way below those standards.

Address: Via Portuense 2470, Fiumicino, Lazio, 00054, Italy
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 39 06 999351
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.romeairporthotel.it/

• Written Sep 18, 2011

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.