"Kaptolske kurije" Top 5 Page for this destination Zagreb Off The Beaten Path Tip by croisbeauty
Zagreb Off The Beaten Path: 121 reviews and 235 photos
Kurija (from Latin "curia") is summary name for the buildings which are property of the catholic church. The name derives from "Curia Romana", which is the body of congregations, offices, permanent commissions....., etc. that assist the pope in the government and administration of the church.
The Croatian Catholic Church has its seat in the town of Zagreb, more precisely, the entire area of the Kaptol belongs to the church. There are number of fine looking houses and palaces all alongside Nova Ves street serving as the Bishop's residences or important church offices. Each curia is homestay of the canons, highly ranked priests who are governing of the Croatian congregation.
The Provost, built between 1543 and 1571, is the seat of the President of canonical choir.
More Off The Beaten Path in Zagreb (27)
More Reviews (240)
- See All Park Zrinjevac XXL
- See All 06.02.16. Chinese New Year in Zagreb
- See All Chinese New Year in Zagreb
- See All When Zagreb go crazy
- See All Old bike as a bilboard
- See All Rent a city bike
- See All Among top 5 restaurants in Croatia
- See All Gornji grad - Gradec - Gric
- See All Climate in Zagreb
- See All Youngsters like it alot
- See All The statue of August Senoa
- See All This is not a trap tip
croisbeauty's Related Pages
Have you been to Zagreb?Share Your Travels