"Rose Valley" Goreme Things to Do Tip by June.b

Goreme Things to Do: 251 reviews and 622 photos

I got confused really which is Red and which is Rose Valley, one thing I'm sure of -- they share the same color at most times, I think they're beside each other sharing the same space. The Red Valley isn't literally red and the rose valley isn't blooming with roses. I think it has something to do with the prominent colours of the rock mountains (see pics) -- that sounds like I'm genuinely dumb!

So anyhoo, I think leaving the Hacli Church I was on my way to Rose Valley, don't forget to buy a bottle of water from the snack shop beside the Hacli Church before proceeding as it can get hot walking onto the Rose valley.

The mountain range is really coloured in pink (or old rose, so there I am again with my quite serious dumbness) that's why they called it Rose valley, but why not Pink Valley, so there's a red valley and a pink valley, just for the consistency - colors - instead of flower. Stop me please, right now! ...... Next tip === Cavusin.

Address: Goreme, Cappadocia

• Updated Dec 15, 2011

“Traveling is the best education there is...and the most expensive one, and no graduation. (Quote me)”

Have you been to Goreme?