"Does one single bird makes a flock" Top 5 Page for this destination Italy Warnings Or Dangers Tip by croisbeauty

Italy Warnings and Dangers: 206 reviews and 134 photos

Most of the southern European countries, Italy included, have bad reputation regarding safety of the tourists and visitors. I have read so many reviews of those who were pickpocketed, who's money was stollen, who were beatten by the locals etc. etc. All mentioned considering Italy too plus panic of maffia if visiting most southern parts of the county.
But is it all true what people do write about own experiences or could it be that the truth is somwhere in the middle?
The renger from Kenya told me during my first visit there, if you do not disturb the wild animals while they eating or resting or if having baby animals around, they will never attack you. I did respect his good advice, was very close to lions, elephants, hippos and buffalos and was never attacked.
What I mean to say is this, do we all learn anything about the country, people, traditions and habbits before visiting it?
Anybody could be robbed, pickpecketing, beatten or having any other inconvinience if making wrong footsteps while exploring new places and towns. But it all could happene to us even in the towns where our home is!
I was all over Italy, from north to south, and found nice and friendly people wherever have visited. Have seen few bad people too but I kept safety distance from them, taking care about my belongings and avoided to get in touch with them.
But who knows, maybe I was just too lucky because nothing bad never happened to me.

• Written Sep 17, 2011

Comments

croisbeauty

“do not hesitate, pack your bag and go, doesn't matter where”

Have you been to Italy?