"INCI Bus Co. from Istanbul to Goreme" Goreme Transportation Tip by June.b

Goreme Transportation: 29 reviews and 30 photos

Never again.... unless it's really the last option. As in this trip case. It was the bayram fest and most locals are going to their relatives so the Buyuk Otogar in Istanbul is so so busy with lots of people traveling. The first time I saw the chaos at the huge bus terminal of Istanbul. First, I shopped around but the big companies are all fully booked and the only bus company that has availability is Inci.

I went inside their office at the main bus station and asked if they have a bus going to Goreme, they said yes, followed by how many people and the cost, and without any reconfirmation from our part, they issued the ticket! Well, I'll buy it anyways. The bus is scheduled at 9:30pm and it's just 7:00pm but we decided to bide our time at the station.

At 9:15 we were at the peron - the bus area - the 9:30 became 9:45 and we were asked again to wait for another bus and then another bus, and alas the bus came at 10:30pm or so. It seems that they are understaff, there were no service whatsoever during the trip, those usual ones I got accustomed with other bus companies like Metro, Ulusoy, Varan, Pamukkale, Kontur, Kamil Koc, etc... No steward, which means no free water, no wet tissues, no tea, no coffee, no biscuits, no nothing. There was only the driver and his alternate.

The 13-hour bus ride to Goreme was simply a ride. I don't know what happened because according to the lady at our hotel in Goreme when we arrived, Inci is an ok bus. Well, during this busy season I think they were not prepared. So we just sat there minus the usual convenience that other bus companies have. There wasn't even a TV.

The only consolation is --- at least we've reached Goreme safe.

But for me, I think no next time around. I'll stick to my favorites - Metro or Ulusoy or Kamil Koc or even the more expensive Varan - or not at all.

Because of my disappointment, when we arrived at the main Nevsehir bus terminal (an hour or so before Goreme) I immediately bought the tickets for our way back to Istanbul (after were done with Goreme) at the Metro ticket office to avoid running out of seats and further disappointment.

Mode: TO
Type: Bus

• Updated Sep 17, 2011

Comments

June.b

“Traveling is the best education there is...and the most expensive one, and no graduation. (Quote me)”

Have you been to Goreme?