Woody's Bar-B-q: "Bar-B-Q.... yummm! and CLOSED" Top 5 Page for this destination Barrie Restaurant Tip by CdnJane

Barrie Restaurants: 34 reviews and 19 photos

Woody's Bar-B-Q Barrie, ON Location
by CdnJane

Woody's Bar-B-Q opened their first Canadian restaurant in Barrie just before the July 1st (Canada Day) holiday - perfect time for a place that is geared towards one of the special treats of summer - Barbecued food. Their location, in the plaza at the corner of Victoria St and Lakeshore Drive, across from Centennial Beach, is perfect for their customers. They offer eat-in and take-out (and delivery too, I believe) and there is a patio looking over to the lake, or lots of seating inside. The staff are friendly and helpful with the menu items.
And the food.... well, I'm working my way through the menu and enjoying what I have eaten so far. The menu is called Southern Bar-B-Q, but I am afraid I'm not knowledgable enough about what is southern vs the rest of the continent's barbecue menu. I do know that collard greens, and okra is more common in the southern US than close to the border and in Canada.
I have been there with a group of seniors from the apartment building I live, and with friends who have all enjoyed the experience.

Favorite Dish: So far I have really enjoyed the baby-back-ribs, the chicken (very moist), the brisket, the brisket sandwich (although it did require some of the sauces which are offered on each table), the shrimp and the wings. As far as sides go - have had the barbecue beans, the coleslaw, the mac & cheese, and green beans. Also have had the deepfried corn nuggets - wonderful and could be very addicting. Actually, have had them and the mac & cheese a couple of times.... yummmmm!
All have been well cooked, good serving of them and I thought reasonably priced.

Address: 11 Victoria Street, Barrie, ON
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Plaza at Victoria St & Lakeshore Drive & Ellen St - lots of parking.
othercontact: Fax: 705-722-3449
Phone: 705-722-3434
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Barbecue
Website: http://woodysbarbq.ca/

• Written Sep 17, 2011

CdnJane Lives Here!

“"Remember that happiness is a way of travel - not a destination." - Roy M. Goodman”

Have you been to Barrie?