"Cebu - Capitol Building & Osmena Boulevard" Top 5 Page for this destination Cebu City Things to Do Tip by suroyista

Cebu City Things to Do: 176 reviews and 569 photos

The Capitol Building - very beautiful!
by suroyista

The Capitol Building - very beautiful!
    by suroyista
      The high dome is visible when driving up the blvd.
      Rizal Memorial Library & Museum
      Carlo
    by suroyista

Our second day in Cebu was a holiday (November 01), so meaning most private establishments are closed. We thought it will be a perfect time to stroll around, so as early as 5:30 we were already up and by 6:30 we were already in the hotel lobby.

After our light breakfast, my hubby approached the concierge desk and asked which place is good to stroll. The staff, Manuel is his name, recommended to us the Osmena Boulevard. He said its a beautiful street and that we can also find the Capitol Building there. I interrupted their conversation, by asking, is it a safe place to stroll? Manuel smiled and said, yes ma'am the place is safe... but, of course, you need to be very vigilant. Hmmm.. well, at least, he was honest. ;o)

And with that, the two vigilant visitors (that's us!) hit the road. I was secretly hoping that pickpocketers are also on holiday, hahahah!

The Osmena Boulevard is actually a commercial street, very clean and well-maintained. You can find almost everything in this broad city street - banks, salons, boutiques, pharmarcies, souvenir shops, coffee shops, gift shops, restaurants, museum etc... And I think, I can consider it a quite safe place to shop or just stroll around, because almost all stores have their own security guards on-duty. Well, of course, I know that their main responsibility is the store they're working for, but still their presence gives a little relief to some paranoid visitors, like me. ;o)

Almost all stores and establishments were closed that day. Except for one cute restaurant called Carlo's Batchoy, that serves short order noodle soup, where we stay for a short break and light snack. Nothing special about the "Batchoy" noodle soup, but I like their big colorful murale on the walls.

As we were nearing the end of the Osmena Boulevard, we can already see from afar the Capitol Building. It is, indeed, a pre-war vintage and a replica of the United States' White House. It was constructed in 1937 and considered as one of the many beautiful capitol buildings in the country.

Address: Osmena Boulevard, Cebu City

• Updated Sep 22, 2011

Comments

suroyista

“Spend each day like it's your last.”

Have you been to Cebu City?