"Catch your own fish at the Marlin Marina jetty" Top 5 Page for this destination Fishing Tip by tropicrd
Fishing, Cairns: 5 reviews and 11 photos
The Marlin Marina in Cairns is known for catching some of the best fish of the day.
Locals fish off the seaward wall at the end of the Marina Complex,a short walk from the Cairns Esplanade Lagoon.Big barramundi,mangrove Jacks and grunter fish are caught here where they like to swim around.
Jetty fishing is a popular attraction with children,adults and families.
Fishing the 'run in' tides is exciting and will produce the best results.
The Cairns Regional Council encourages families to participate in fishing and some of the piers/jetties have fish cleaning tables,running water and lights.
You can drop into the many tackle stores for advice or take along a line and a few sinkers and who knows what you might catch--so take your rod,a chair or cushion,some bait, a cold drink and a sandwich and you will have a 'whale' of a time.
You will soon be meeting and chatting with some of us locals.
Address: Marlin Marina ,Cairns,QLD,Australia
Directions: The seaward wall at the end of Marlin Marina jetty.
Walk east past the Cairns Lagoon and the helicopter pad..
othercontact: Cairns Trinity Bay/Esplanade
More Reviews (84)
- See All Cairns newest Tropical & Romantic...
- See All Good coffee at the club
- See All Stop for fresh fruit and vegies.
- See All Don't get stuck in the mud.
- See All Drive on a dusty country road
- See All Working holidays in Cairns
- See All qconnect--new bus timetables
- Galleries have control of Indigenous...
- See All "Your shout mate"
- Pandamonium Live Bands
- See All Fishing list and tips for Families.
- See All Sport at Cazaly's,Cairns
tropicrd's Related Pages
Have you been to Cairns?Share Your Travels