"- reasonable price, reasonable accomodation" Top 5 Page for this destination Seaview Motel Tip by sirgaw

Seaview Motel, Cooktown: 152 reviews and 2 photos

What really makes this average motel really stand out is the stunning view overlooking the Inlet and Endeavour River. My review is based on their 3 star motel room - there are higher standard rooms/suites available.

I had pre-booked accommodation as I?d understood that September is peak season for Cooktown, but judging on the ?rooms available? sign outside, I needn?t have bothered. When I walked into the spacious reception area, the man behind the counter looked at the piece of paper in my hand and then said, ?Welcome David!? I was quite surprised until he explained that nearly all those who have pre-booked enter with a printout of the booking details ? just as I had done.

There really was no need for more formalities as they had my credit card details on file, so he just passed me a key. I asked if their breakfast room was still available for brekky for the following 2 mornings and was very surprised to hear they don?t bother to open it at the weekends (or Mondays as I later found out). After we checked in I made a dash to the local supermarket before they closed. I managed to borrow from reception 2 breakfast bowls and spoons. Those together with the toaster in the room, bought fruit juice, bread and cereal made for an adequate breakfast at a fraction of the cost of the only café open in town and serving breakfast.

Our motel room contained all that I would expect in a 3 star motel room ? Queen sized bed and bedding, wide screen TV, fridge, sadly only one chair, wardrobe and a small kitchen area. Separate small but functional bathroom.

There is an on site car park, small swimming pool and a lawn/BBQ area overlooking the great view as shown in photo 2 with plenty of plastic chairs and tables to enjoy outdoor eating.

Perhaps my only really negative comment ? lack of security screens over windows. Lack of these and we had to sleep with window completely closed. During summer that would mean overhead fan blowing. Perhaps Cooktown is a safe place to stay and therefore screens are not really required.

I had a little surprise when checking out - I was given a discount for producing my Victorian roadside service membership card. Price per person shown below is the double/twin price.

Address: 178 Charlotte Street, Cooktown, 4871, Australia
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 07 4069 5377
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Motel
Website: http://www.cooktownseaviewmotel.com.au/

• Written Sep 16, 2011

“"How can I have a favourite place when I haven't seen them all?"”

Have you been to Cooktown?