"Bus from Kos Airport to Kos Town" Kos Transportation Tip by nathan2day

buses from kos airport to kos town

buses from kos airport to kos town
      2011 bus timetable
    by nathan2day
      bus stop sign within kos airport grounds
    by nathan2day
      orange bus stop in background - kos airport
    by nathan2day

I discovered that there are now buses from Kos Town to Kos Airport via Mastichari (a nearby village on the north coast) that actually stop at the airport itself.

On my outward journey from Kos Airport to Kos Town I followed advice on the airport website (http://www.hcaa-eleng.gr/kosdat.htm) to walk up to the giant roundabout outside the airport gates and find a KTEL bus running to Kos town. However on my return journey I discovered there is actually a bus stop within the airport grounds.

I attach photos and the 2011 timetable. The bus stop is on the left as you exit the airport building.

The route I took from Kos Town heads through the villages on the north coast of the island until it reaches Mastichari, then goes to the airport, the journey takes about 45 minutes. It was bus number 3 that I took, I think the bus continued to Kardamena. I imagine it is possible to take the bus from within the airport grounds to Kos Town, when the Kardamena bus returns to Kos, both the Kardamena and Kefalos buses are shown stopping at the airport on the bottom right of the timetable, and I imagine they then continue to Kos Town.

I have not found information on the bus routes, and the timetable although useful appears incomplete, however I took the 1630 from Kos Town and found it was running to the timetable.

Location of Bus Station in Kos Town:

Kos Bus Station Map

I hope this helps others.

Mode: AROUND
Type: Bus
Website: http://www.kosisland.gr/en/kos-island-info/kos-bus-schedules.html

• Updated Sep 16, 2011

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Kos?