Vin des Pyrenées, 4th.: "Expensive but for a special occasion...." Top 5 Page for this destination Vin des Pyrenées Tip by pfsmalo

Vin des Pyrenées, Paris: 1 reviews and 5 photos

Street view.
      Street view.
      Inside the restaurant.
  • Expensive but for a special occasion.... - Paris
  • Expensive but for a special occasion.... - Paris
      View of the "Beignets au Chevre"....mmmmmmhhh
    by pfsmalo

Not far from the Bastille and place des Vosges and situated iin the same street as where Jim Morrison used to live is this superbly decorated Parisian bistro. Wood on the walls, moleskin seats, old worlde clocks and lampshades. The only thing modern about the place are the girls waiting the tables. Taking an evenings break from the Paris VT meet, we have the same date as 9/11 but 30 years earlier so we were actually celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary. In the evening it certainly doesn't come that cheap with main courses around 19/20 euros and wine costing from 25 euros upwards. They do have menus at 13.50 euros at lunchtime. The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner every day until 23h30 and stays open as a bar until late.

Favorite Dish: I started with the "Beignets au chevre" a sort of doughnut full of goats cheese. My main dish was a "Risotto aux Gambas", a type of King Prawn awash in a delicious sauce on a bed of sweet rice. I'm licking my lips just writing this. Finishing with a "Coulée de fruits rouges". Fresh fruits (raspberries, strawberries etc) covered with a sauce. I took a bottle of Sarteny which I did find a little sharp but it went down well enough.

Address: 25 rue Beautreillis, 75004 Paris.
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Just off rue St. Antoine between the place de la Bastille and metro St. Paul
Phone: 01-42-72-64-94
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 4
Theme: French

• Written Sep 15, 2011

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2016 at 7:13 AM

Bonjour, Paul... You have created a wonderful page about this amazing city...Thanks for sharing!

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo
      Sep 11, 2016 at 7:26 AM

Thank you very much for your visit and ratings Victor.

pfsmalo Visits Here Frequently!

“"I've spent all me money on whisky and beer!!" ”

Have you been to Paris?