"Ka is worth it, Zumanity is not" Cirque du Soleil Tip by nivu

Cirque du Soleil, Las Vegas: 62 reviews and 43 photos

Cirque du Soleil's Zumanity advertised at NYNY
by nivu

While in Las Vegas we saw 2 Cirque du Soleil acts, both were different than the Cirque du Soleil shows we have seen before.

Ką is a martial arts inspired show. It has less acrobatics than the other shows I've seen but is very entertaining. The stage rises, flips and turns in every way imaginable as the artists climb and tumble upon it. The costumes, music and storyline are great. I would recommend not sitting too much up front because there is quite a few things happening on the side walls of the room. I would recommend this show.

Zumanity is billed as a sexy adult show. It has some nudity but I could not describe it as sexy. It was more a funny act, the laughs are the only part wothwhile. The usually beautiful and intricate costumes of Cirque du Soleil shows are absent because the artists are barely wearing anything at all. The music is the first time for a Cirque du Soleil show were the lyrics are in an actual lanquage (English) but it fails to match the quality of other shows. The is also little acrobatics in this show and not as jaw dropping as I have come to expect. If you have never seen a Cirque du Soleil show I would say that Zumanity isn't that bad but compared to what is expected from Cirque du Soleil, this one is way belowaverage, I would not recommend it.

Address: Ką at the MGM, Zumanity at the New York New York
Directions: On the Strip at the corner of Tropicana and Las Vegas blvd. MGM and NYNY are on opposite sides of the Strip.
Phone: (702) 352-0026
Website: http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/home/shows.aspx

• Written Sep 15, 2011

“Drink milk”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Las Vegas?