"Hostal Tiana, Latacunga" Top 5 Page for this destination Ecuador Hotel Tip by MalenaN

Ecuador Hotels: 159 reviews and 263 photos

My second room at Hostal Tiana
      My second room at Hostal Tiana
      The breakfast area
      My first room at Hostal Tiana
      My first room at Hostal Tiana
    by MalenaN

I think Hostal Tiana is overpriced, but it is a good place to meet other travellers and exchange information.

The first room I had, the night before going to Isinliví, was a room with private bathroom. It had its window facing the reception so it was dark. There was a double bed, a bedside table with a lamp, a table and chair, hangers and a big cushion to sit on. For one person this room was $25 (July 2011).

Coming back to Latacunga after hiking around the Quilotoa area I had a smaller room with shared bathroom. As this room had a window facing the street it was much lighter than my first room, and one day coming back they had put flowers on the small balcony outside. That was nice! I didn?t like sharing bathroom though and people in the dorm next room could easily be heard even if they were not loud. For this room I paid $16 per night.

Breakfast is included in the price and is served around a courtyard. For breakfast you will get two croissants, butter and jam, a small juice and coffee or tea (coffee and tea will be available for free throughout the day). If you want to have fruits or eggs you have to pay extra. A portion of eggs was $1.80.

Around the courtyard there is also a small lounge area with a sofa and a TV, where you can sit and chat with other travellers. There is also free WI-Fi available here. The bad thing with this breakfast and lounge area is that it is situated under roof around an open courtyard, and as Latacunga is situated at an elevation of 2800metres it can be too cold.

There are two computers at the hostel which you can use. The first night I was there it cost $0.70 per hour (but they were not working). When I came back a week later it was free to use them.

There is no laundry service at the hostel and there is no safety box. But there is a storage room where you can store some of your luggage while trekking around Quilotoa. And in the reception they will help you to book accommodation at your next destination. The woman in the reception called Chugchilan, Quilotoa and Tigua for me to make reservations, which was very good.

Address: Luis F. Vivero y N1-31 y Sanches de Orellana
othercontact: info@hostaltiana.com
Phone: 03 - 2810147
Theme: Hostel
Website: http://www.hostaltiana.com

• Written Sep 14, 2011

Have you been to Ecuador?