"Central Swamps and suburban rainforest." Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Off The Beaten Path Tip by tropicrd
Cairns Off The Beaten Path: 52 reviews and 147 photos
Cairns has pockets of swamps through the suburbs and the Cairns Regional Council has put in walking/cycling paths so visitors and locals can enjoy them close up.
The entry point to the Central swamps is on the corner of Anderson Street and Macnamara Street,Manunda.You can follow the track up to path that veers to the left before you reach Greenslopes Street it will take you along the Saltwater Creek that leads into Pease Street,Edge Hill.
The paved path stops here but if you want to continue there are tracks on the other side of the road/bridge that will take you into Whitfield and Manoora--be very careful of crocodiles in this area.
At the bridge you will come into Woodward Park and a beautiful pocket of rainforest that houses all kinds of birds, frogs,butterfly's insects and many other different types of species including harmless pythons.
Once again please take drinking water,a hat and insect repellant.
This circuit is 4klms. You can also do the Cairns CBD circuit 8.4 klms around the Esplanade and city.
othercontact: Cairns Regional Council,Spence S
Phone: 4044 3044
More Off The Beaten Path in Cairns (13)
More Reviews (118)
- See All Mango Madness
- See All Cairns newest Tropical & Romantic...
- See All Good coffee at the club
- See All Stop for fresh fruit and vegies.
- See All Don't get stuck in the mud.
- See All Working holidays in Cairns
- See All qconnect--new bus timetables
- Galleries have control of Indigenous...
- See All "Your shout mate"
- Pandamonium Live Bands
- See All Fishing list and tips for Families.
- See All Sport at Cazaly's,Cairns
tropicrd's Related Pages
Have you been to Cairns?Share Your Travels