"WOW Wilderness ECO tour" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Western Australia Things to Do Tip by iandsmith

State of Western Australia Things to Do: 352 reviews and 796 photos

The WOW cruise
by iandsmith

WOW, WHAT A CIRCUS
I was in the middle of the Nullarbor crossing and the man was clearly in shock, his agitated expression revealed a deep emotion. His voice was non stop as he explained what had happened.
“You have to go on this cruise, it was amazing”, he said.
“What did you see?” I queried.
“See? I don’t remember”, he replied, “it’s that man, he’s incredible. The stories he tells are so fantastic. He knows all the history.”
All the history of a village the size of Walpole isn’t something I normally speed off to hear. Located in the famous southern forests of W.A., Walpole isn’t exactly the sort of place you’d expect a great deal of; but it was the man’s emotion that sold me as he was obviously not someone who normally got excited.
So it was that three days later I booked in for the WOW cruise, Walpole’s piece de resistance on the tourist trail.
I was told to be there early, like everyone else was. The man however turned up ten minutes late, charging down in his 4WD carrying all the provisions for the cruise because, for our $40, we were to get a cup of tea and cake included.
We boarded the fully enclosed flat bottomed boat, started out, and our host, Gary Muir, began. For the next 2 ½ hours he never stopped. I knew know what Nullarbor man had been talking about.

• Written Sep 14, 2011

Comments

iandsmith

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Have you been to State of Western Australia?