Hostaria Le Repubbliche Marinare: "Hidden gem" Hostaria Le Repubbliche Marinare Tip by BlueBeth

This is definitely somewhere I'd have no hesitation in recommending, and unless you know about it there's little chance that you'd stumble across it. It's not near the tourist trail, somewhere between the river and the station, but nowhere in Pisa is very far from anywhere else so it's easy to get to, when you know where it is.
We booked a table for 10pm before we set off from the UK, and I'm very glad we did. We arrived a little early and the place was full, so we sat in the reception area and looked through the huge selection of whiskeys they had.
Once at the table we had a little wait before we could order, but they were very, very busy, and it gave me chance to watch people (a hobby). But the food when it came was incredible. I ordered the smoked sword fish carpaccio to start, and I don't think I will ever taste a better fish dish! It was incredible. My husband ordered the proscuitto and figs and he was very happy with his choice.
For my main course I ordered sea bream with a potato crust, it looked amazing, grilled sea bream topped with the thinnest shoe string fried potatoes I'd ever seen, perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned.

Favorite Dish: The smoked sword fish carpaccio is possibly the greatest fish dish I have ever tasted, anywhere in the world.

Address: Vicolo del Ricciardi, 8 - 56125 Pisa
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: 050-20.506
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian

• Written Sep 14, 2011

“Conto di passare tre giorni a Firenze”

Have you been to Pisa?