"Views from the suburbs" Top 5 Page for this destination Cairns Favorite Tip by tropicrd
Cairns General: 47 reviews and 81 photos
Favorite thing: I often come up to the slopes of Cairns to get a birds eye view of Cairns and the suburbs in what we the locals call the horseshoe.
The views look down onto new housing estates/suburbs that used to be cane fields.
It also looks beyond to the growing city of Cairns and the hills over east Trinity.
I usually come up to some of these places to watch the fireworks when they are on.
One popular place is on Lake Morris Road on the way to Copperlode Dam,but I like going to the suburbs around where I live in Whitfield/Edge Hill.
Fondest memory: Fantastic views in non-crowded places.
I love looking out toward the city and down to the suburbs of Cairns--day and night.
You can hike up to these places or just drive around the suburbs of Cairns heading for the higher suburbs of Whitfield,Bayview,Edge Hill.
More Reviews (120)
- See All Mango Madness
- See All Cairns newest Tropical & Romantic...
- See All Good coffee at the club
- See All Stop for fresh fruit and vegies.
- See All Don't get stuck in the mud.
- See All Drive on a dusty country road
- See All qconnect--new bus timetables
- Galleries have control of Indigenous...
- See All "Your shout mate"
- Pandamonium Live Bands
- See All Fishing list and tips for Families.
- See All Sport at Cazaly's,Cairns
tropicrd's Related Pages
Have you been to Cairns?Share Your Travels