Le Mouffetard: "Casual bistro in the 5th" Le Mouffetard Tip by Dabs

Entrecote

Entrecote
      Tartiflette
    by Dabs

I've stopped here twice now, once with my niece in July 2011 and recently in September 2011 with my husband. There are tables inside and outside, we took a table on the outside which allowed us to engage in the great Parisian pasttime of watching people while dining.

Service was efficient but not friendly, the waiter busy and brusque.

Favorite Dish: I thought my niece would enjoy a Monsiuer Croque, more or less a grilled ham and cheese sandwich but she didn't like one of the ingredients on it and picked at it. I had the French onion soup which was OK but rather dull for the 9€ price tag as there was no bread or cheese in it, just onion soup. I decided to give it another try as I had a taste for entrecote with bearnaise sauce and they had it on the menu (16.5€), the meat was a little tough with lots of inedible bits and the sauce a bit too lemony. My meal was served with fried potatoes and a salad. My husband ordered tartiflette, potatoes with cheese and ham, from the salades menu, the tartiflette served in a separate dish than the salad (11€). His was good although still a bit pricey for the portion size.

Address: 116 rue Mouffetard
Comparison: about average
Directions: Closest metro: Censier Daubenton or Place Monge
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Local

• Updated Sep 22, 2011

Comments

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Paris?