Village Pizzeria: "Two Locations in Coronado" Top 5 Page for this destination Village Pizzeria Tip by lmkluque

Village Pizzeria, Coronado: 1 reviews and 1 photos

Village Pizzeria at dusk.
by lmkluque

This is a relatively new restaurant in the Ferry Landing Market Place, but has been here a while now and seems very popular. It is not a place I would normally go to, but as my granddaughter's birthday party was held here I, of course, did come here and shared in a meal.

The location is convenient and is especially good for people who want to order something to-go and eat on the grass or sand near by. Also it is a great venue for large parties. It is very casual and the employees are very accommodating and friendly.

The dining area is a huge outdoor, partially covered, patio and heaters are supplied for those colder days/evenings. The whole patio is surrounded by a wall of glass, so the wind doesn't pose a problem.

At dinner time on a Friday night the wait for a table was about 45 minutes and the wait for a pizza was 45 minuts but I think that is not the norm during the week.

Favorite Dish: The food was good enough, but not the flavors I paricularly prefer. Everyone at our table commented how good things tasted.

The menu offers lots of choices, some are not the usual fare at most Pizza places, but interesting nonetheless. I just ordered their house salad with basalmic vinaigrette on the side. It was very tasty and more than lettuce and tomatoes. I tasted a bite of my sister's Eggplant Parmigiana, my granddaughter's Fettuccini Alfredo with chicken and had a slice of the huge (28 inches) pizza, my son and daughter-in-law ordered. The Eggplant was bland as was the marinara sauce on the spaghetti. The Fettuccini Alfredo had some extra herbs/spices from what I'm used to and the items on the pizza were different from what I would normally order. Having said that, I will say that the food was not bad, just not my personal preference.

If you are not picky as I seem to be, I'd say that it's a good place to go, especially because the employees are so welcoming and helpful.

Address: 1205 First Street, Coronado, CA. 02118
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: This one is located at the Ferry Landing Market Place. There is another over on Orange Avenue, but I didn't stop at that one.
othercontact: 1206 Orange Avenue (619) 522-044
Phone: (619) 437-0650
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Pizza
Website: http://www.nadolife.com/villagepizzeria/

• Updated Sep 13, 2011

Comments

lmkluque Visits Here Frequently!

lmkluque

“Assume Good Intent”

Have you been to Coronado?